Paying for College

Here are some resources to help you pay for college and find scholarships:

WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid)

See for details and to apply.

HB 1079

HB 1079 is a House Bill that allows DREAMer (non-citizen) students to pay in-state tuition at state colleges and universities. It is available to non-citizens who meet the program's eligibility requirements. Students must have lived in Washington State for at least 3 years prior to receiving their high school diploma or GED. Please refer to the affidavit for more information on the specific requirements. Students must sign an affidavit in order to receive or be eligible for in-state tuition. The affidavit is available here.

College Bound

DREAMers can be eligible for the College Bound scholarship in Washington State. To learn more about eligibility requirements or to apply, visit the College Bound website at


Scholarships are financial awards designed to support your pursuit of education. Scholarships are awarded based on many different factors. Below are links to scholarship websites that include some scholarships for DREAMers.

Running Start

Running Start is available to qualified high school juniors and seniors seeking to earn college credits while completing their high school education. The Running Start program is open for DREAMers to apply. This is a great way to earn free or low cost college-level credits.

For additional information:

Financial Aid

Mallory Graves