COMPASS Retest Policy
All students are allowed an initial placement test at no cost. COMPASS and ASSET scores are accepted and considered valid for two (2) years from the placement test date. After receiving the results, students have the following options:
- Enroll in the courses into which they were placed.
- Request a retest using COMPASS examinations. They may test on any or all of the three modules. The cost is $15.00 per module. Students will then be placed into classes using the higher of the two scores.
- After the initial retest, students do have the right to retest periodically.
- Individual modules may be taken once every three months.
- Each module retest costs $15.00.
Once a student has taken a Math, Reading, Developmental Education or English class and received a grade of record (A–F, not W), a retest will not be allowed in that subject area.