Clark College Strategic Plan
Clark College inspires learners to excel, transforms lives, and strengthens our increasingly diverse community.
Clark College, in service to the community, guides individuals to achieve their educational and professional goals.
Academic Excellence: Facilitate student learning by providing the conditions for intellectual growth through scholarship, discovery, application, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Implement and institutionalize practices that increase academic performance, retention, and completion.
- Create and sustain an inclusive and dynamic curriculum and environment that reflect our diverse college community.
- Integrate active learning strategies within and across courses, disciplines, and programs with a global perspective.
- Create and advance accessible, integrated, and technology-enriched learning environments.
- Engage faculty, administrators, and staff in professional development experiences that enhance student learning.
- Align curriculum with learning outcomes and apply outcomes assessment evidence to continually advance student learning.
Social Equity: Facilitate student learning by providing the conditions that improve educational outcomes and eliminate systemic disparities among all groups.
- Create and sustain an accessible and inclusive environment by utilizing principles of universal design and social justice so that all students can achieve equitable outcomes.
- Demonstrate improved intercultural competency among employees and students through comprehensive professional development and curricular transformation.
- Institutionalize hiring and retention practices that challenge systems of power, privilege, and inequity.
Economic Vitality: Facilitate student learning by providing programs, services, and conditions that improve the economic well-being of the students, college, and community.
- Improve college affordability for students by expanding access to and information about financial resources, clarifying career and educational goals, providing pathways to success, improving college readiness, increasing financial literacy, and managing costs.
- Align program offerings with regional workforce needs to include technical and work-readiness skills.
- Align, expand, and enrich the relationships with regional industry leaders to increase internships, advisory committee participation, financial support for students’ education and programs, hiring pipelines, grant partnerships, mentorships, and apprenticeships.
- Maximize the college’s return on investment by responsibly allocating available resources.
- Leverage resources to create and sustain future innovations.
Environmental Integrity: Facilitate student learning by providing the conditions that continually improve the college’s physical, virtual, and social environment.
- Incorporate environmental sustainability priorities into all college systems.
- Improve the college’s physical and virtual environment to maximize access and appropriate use of space and technology.
- Integrate principles of mutual respect, collaboration, clear communication, and inclusivity in all interactions.
Social Justice – Institutional commitment to produce equitable outcomes and challenge systems of power, privilege, and inequity.
Partnerships – Collaboration with individuals, organizations, and businesses to increase student success and improve the community.
Innovation – Development and implementation of creative and agile strategies to enhance student learning and respond to market needs.
Sustainability – Effective and efficient stewardship of all college resources.
Continuous Improvement – Evaluation and enhancement of all college operations based on data-informed planning and resource allocation.
Shared Governance – Clear communication, inclusive consultation, and respectful consideration of multiple perspectives guide decision-making throughout the college.