Student Success Programs
Friendly and knowledgeable staff in Student Success Programs assist students in getting the most out of their college investment and experience.
We connect students with services and tools such as tutoring, career planning, advising, workshops and goal-setting to help them succeed in classes, maintain financial aid eligibility and graduate on time.
- Learn about FREE services to support student success.
- Get strategies for balancing classes, work and personal responsibilities.
- Access free college and community resources.
- Connect with successful Clark students for mentorship.
- Set and make progress toward specific academic and career goals.
- Get assistance in building a community of staff, faculty and peer support.
Academic Achievement Services
- Create a plan to turn around poor grades and achieve academic goals.
- Improve the grade point average (GPA).
- Identify unique challenges and how to address them using free campus services.
- Understand campus rules and policies that affect progress such as the Academic Standards Policy (ASP).
- Get tips for talking to instructors about class concerns.
- Get one-on-one support from Peer Mentors.
- Learn about Student Success workshops on topics including choosing a career or major, time management, study skills, test-taking and more.
Academic Standards Policy (ASP) & Academic Early Warning (AEW)
Student Success Programs staff also:
- Train students, staff, and faculty on the Academic Standards Policy (ASP).
- Assist with the "Return to College" process for students who have been academically dismissed from the college.
- Facilitate Academic Achievement Workshops.
- Provide guidance and success strategies for students who receiveAcademic Early Warning (AEW) alerts.
Student Success Programs services align with the Core Themes and Values in the college's Strategic Plan by providing support to those experiencing barriers to success, and by assisting students in discovering, investigating, and achieving long-term academic and career goals.