College 101: College Essentials (COLL 101) is a course that helps you make a successful transition to college. The 2-credit class gives you valuable information and tips, and introduces you to important campus resources—helping you feel comfortable and informed about Clark. Students tell us this course is most beneficial when taken their first quarter because it introduces the basics of what to expect as a new student and how to navigate the Clark College campus.
As of summer quarter 2016, College 101 is required for all students pursuing an AA-DTA (Associate of Arts - Direct Transfer Agreement) degree from Clark College.
Not pursuing an AA-DTA? You can still take College 101!
We strongly recommend you take College 101 your first quarter.
Here are just a few of things you will learn in College 101:
- Academic advising and the value of having an education plan for completing your degree and reaching your career goals.
- How Career Services can help you understand your career path, and make sure that your academic plans help you reach your career goals.
- All things financial, including funding financial aid, grants and scholarships, budgeting and other college funding information
- The wealth of tutoring and support services available and where to find them.
- How to use and access campus technology—including clark.edu and Canvas, the college’s online system for accessing course information and online courses.
- And More—all in a classroom environment that is focused on familiarizing students with Clark and life as a college student.
Watch a video to hear how students and instructors feel about this class.
For further information about COLL 101, contact Kristin Sherwood, COLL 101 Coordinator at 360-992-2779 or firstname.lastname@example.org .