Rave Alert: Emergency Notification System
Rave Alert is Clark College's text message and email emergency notification system.
It allows you to quickly receive emergency communications and other important information
via text message and email. Notifications may be about inclement weather alerts or
other emergency communications. Rave Alert system will NOT charge you in any way. Standard or other messaging charges apply depending upon your
wireless carrier plan and subscription details. Read more about emergency proceedures.
You should review your profile periodically to ensure that it is up to date.
Registration & First Login
- In a web browser, go to https://www.getrave.com/login/clark
- Click the Register button.
- Your Clark Username is your Username for the open computer labs and your password. On the Validate User page, enter your
Clark Username (for example: s.student) and Password, and click the Proceed to Next Step button. Do not include the entire email address in the Clark Username field. If you need assistance with your username and/or password, please contact the TechHub
at 360-992-2010 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the Create Your Account page, enter your information. Your Registration Email will be automatically populated with your Student Gmail address, for example: email@example.com.
Enter your 10-digit Mobile Number, for example: 3609922010
- Rave automatically recognizes your carrier. Confirm your Mobile Carrier. Click the
Proceed to Next Step button.
- A 4-digit code will be sent to your cell phone. On the Confirm Your Mobile Number
page, enter the 4-digit code* and click the Finish button. *Note: not the numbers 67283 or 226787 that are in your text message header.
- Your account is complete.
- You may enter up to three mobile numbers and up to three email addresses. To enter
an additional mobile number or email, click the Add button. To test connectivity to Rave Alert, click the yellow Test button.
- Enter your additional email address in the Preferred Email (1) field. Click the Save button.
Login to Rave
- You should review your profile periodically to ensure it is up to date. In a web browser, go to https://www.getrave.com/login/clark
- Enter your Clark Username for the open computer labs (for example: s.student) and password. Click the Login button.
- You should review your profile periodically to ensure that it is up to date.
Rave Alert: Frequently Asked Questions
- When will the Rave Alert system be used?
The Rave Alert emergency notification system will be used only for the following purposes:
1. To notify you in the event of an emergency situation that exists at Clark College.
2. Inclement weather announcements about delays or cancellations
3. Periodic tests of the Rave Alert system
- Does Rave Alert replace the FlashAlert system the College is currently using?
Yes, for emergency text messages, the college will use Rave Alert. However, the college will continue to use FlashAlert to feed information about weather delays or closures to broadcast media outlets. You may continue your subscription to FlashAlert if you so desire.
- Is there any cost to use Rave Alert?
Rave Alert system will not charge you in any way. Standard or other messaging charges apply depending upon your wireless carrier plan and subscription details.
- I'm a parent of a Clark College student. May I subscribe to Rave?
No, you cannot subscribe directly, however your student has the option to add additional contact numbers and email addresses to his/her account. You can ask your student to add your contact information to his/her account on your behalf.
- What if my cell number changes?
If your cell number changes, login to https://www.getrave.com/login/clark to update your contact information.
- What if my cell provider changes, but my number stays the same?
If you keep the same cell number and simply change your cell phone provider, you do not have to change anything. It may take several weeks for your cell provider to update the Rave system. During that time it is possible that you will not receive any messages unless you login to https://www.getrave.com/login/clark to manually update the changes.
- How do I identify incoming messages from Rave Alert?
All messages will come from either 67283 or 226787. We encourage you to save these numbers to your phone so you will recognize them as Rave Alerts when the messages are sent.
- How do I stop getting messages?
Once registered, you can opt out of SMS messages at any time by texting STOP to 67283 or 226787
- Who do I contact for assistance?
If you need assistance, please contact the TechHub at 360-992-2010 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org