Clark Student Email
- Activate Clark Student Email Username & Password
- Change Clark Student Email Password
- Clark Student Email Password Criteria
- Customizing Clark Student Email
Students who are registered for classes at Clark College are entitled to a Clark Student Email account. The college offers a free email account using Student Gmail.
- Open a Web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Go to http://www.clark.edu/myemail
- Click the CLARK STUDENTS link.
- Click the My Clark link.
- Enter your STUDENT ID (SID) and GLOBAL PIN and click the Login button.
- New students' Global PINs will be set to their six-digit dates of birth (MMDDYY). Upon logging in to the Current Students page for the first time, they will be asked to change their Global PINs to a number other than the date of birth.
- The Activate Student E-mail screen is displayed. Enter your Password and Confirm Password. Passwords must be between 9-14 characters long and include one special character. Click Continue Email Activation button.
- You will be directed to the email login page. Enter your full Clark Student Email Address (example: email@example.com) and Password and click the Sign in button. Note: if you are logged in with a personal Gmail account, you must click Sign in with a different account link.
- The Setup your account for Clark College Web page opens which displays Name and Login name. Enter the special characters from the image into the field and click, "I accept. Create my account."
- Click the No button to the "Do you want Internet Explorer to remember this password?"
- Click the Email Inbox from the Google Apps page to access your email.
- From your Inbox your will be able to read, reply, forward, and delete email.
- Open a Web browser.
- Access Clark Student Email at gmail.com and enter your full Clark Student Email Address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and Password.
- From the Inbox, click the drop-down arrow icon in the upper right-hand corner. Then click the Account link.
- Click on the Security link.
- On the Password window, click on the Change password link.
- On the Change your password window, type in your Current password then tab down and type in a New password, tab down and retype the password to Confirm new password. Click Change Password button.
Passwords must contain 9-14 characters, include an uppercase letter, and include at least one non-alphanumeric character.
Examples of valid non-alphanumeric characters are:
Use a Passphrase for your Password
The easiest way to remember your password is to use a so-called passphrase. Passphrases are generally very difficult to crack, and offer a higher level of security than passwords. Combining words to make a phrase, with a few misspellings and a character substitution or two, can make a good password.
For example, try the following passphrases:
|General Passphrase||Resulting Email Password|
|I would really love to work for you!||Iwrl2w4y!|
|Go Down McLoughlin Boulevard, 2nd on the Right!||GDMB2ndR!|
|what you see is what you get???||wusiwUg???|
- Keep your password secure, do not share or disclose it.
- Change your password periodically.
- If your password becomes known or is suspected to be known by another user, the password should be changed immediately.
- Passwords should not be written down, unless they are locked in a secure location.
- The password should not be displayed in any visible area or where it can be discovered.
- Don't forget to log off.