Clark at the Fair
Join Clark College at the Clark County Fair August 4-13, 2017
Clark College will be participating in the Clark County Fair again this year, which runs from August 4-13. Faculty, staff, and students from across the college will lead family-friendly activities and competitions that highlight Clark’s educational and extracurricular offerings as a part of this year’s fair theme of “Game On!”
Each day of the fair will feature a different department, ranging from Alumni Relations to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Representatives from the college’s Health Occupations, Culinary, and other academic programs are scheduled to attend along with student clubs like the N.E.R.D. (Not Even Remotely Dorky) Girls, a student group focused on getting younger students involved in engineering. Additionally, Human Resources will be present on Wednesday, August 9, with information about job openings and working at Clark.
For New and Interested Students
New and interested students will have a chance to talk with recruitment staff, ask questions, and fill out an application at the fair.
For Current Clark Students
The college also will have staff available during the fair to answer questions about available programs, GED courses, Running Start, financial aid, and more. Staff also will be available to assist current students with registering for fall classes, looking up records, and other student support needs.
For Clark Alumni
Current students and alumni and students will be able to stop by the booth for special giveaways and drawings for prizes.
Schedule of Events
- Friday, August 4: Faculty and staff from across Clark College will lead games of Penguin Toss & Trivia with the chance to win prizes.
- Saturday, August 5: Alumni Relations will be offering a range of giveaways with their Prize Wheel, as well as information about upcoming alumni events.
- Sunday, August 6: STEM faculty and the student club N.E.R.D. (Not Even Remotely Dorky) Girls will be helping fairgoers build kinetic butterflies and paper LED circuits and leading a Fruit & Vegetable card game.
- Monday, August 7: The Automotive Technology department is challenging people’s fine motor skills with their Dexterity Boxes.
- Tuesday, August 8: Poetry faculty from the English department will be creating “Poetry on Demand” using unique prompt words provided by fairgoers.
- Wednesday, August 9: Staff from Human Resources and the Office of Diversity and Equity are getting to know fair attendees with a question-and-answer game called “Keep It Real.”
- Thursday, August 10: The Athletics department will be running games of mini-basketball, with prizes available.
- Friday, August 11: Representatives from the Health Occupations programs will be on hand to offer health assessment games and tests.
- Saturday, August 12: Faculty and staff from across Clark College will lead games of Penguin Toss & Trivia.
- Sunday, August 13: Faculty from the new Tod and Maxine McClaskey Culinary Institute are hosting games of Cuisine and Professional Baking Jeopardy to test visitors’ food knowledge. Their edible prizes include mini cupcakes and savory brittle.
All activities take place in the college’s exhibit area on the midway and free with fair admission. For more information about the Clark County Fair, visit www.clarkcofair.com.