Tech Prep/Healthcare Core Partnership
What is Tech Prep?
The Tech Prep program puts high schools students on the pathway to earning a degree from Clark College by allowing them to complete selected Career & Technical Education classes while still in high school. Tech Prep is a partnership between Clark College and participating area high schools allowing students to simultaneously earn high school and college credits.
Search for participating high schools and approved classes in partnership with Clark College.
What is the Healthcare Core?The Healthcare Core is a partnership between Clark College and participating local high schools which allows students to earn college credits in Career & Technical Education classes related to healthcare professions. For specific college courses and degree options, see the pathway chart.
Healthcare Core Informational Video:For students/parents
Why Take Tech Prep classes?
- Tech Prep students get a "jump start" on their college education and career plans.
- Tech Prep students save time and money by fulfilling degree requirements while still in high school.
- Tech Prep students are able to bypass entry level college courses when they register at a community college.
- Tech Prep credits are guaranteed at Clark College and may be used at another community college or university, dependent on their admission criteria. Or, you may enter the military at a higher rank.
How Can I Get College Credit Now?
- Enroll in a Tech Prep class at your high school. Talk to your teacher or Career Counselor if you're unsure.
- Earn a grade of "B" or better. Some classes have additional requirements.
- Register online with your high school at http://sers.techprepwa.org
Need More Information?
Contact the Tech Prep Office at (360) 992-2458
Information Request Form
In order to provide you with the best information possible, please fill out the entire form. Additional Information
Would you like information on the following? Check all that apply.