Cuisine Uniform Standards & Equipment Requirements
- Chef Coat, white, with Clark College Logo (Qty 4)
- Cravat, white (Qty 4)
- Pants, black with white pin stripe and draw-string (Qty 4)
- Apron, white, bib style (Qty 4)
- Skull cap, white (first year) (Qty 2)
- Skull cap, blue (second year only) (Qty 2)
- Socks, black
- T-shirts, white, short sleeve for under chef coat
- Shoes, black, non-skid soles “Shoes for Crews” or another comparable brand. No Crocs, canvas, open-toed or plastic shoes.
- Text book: “On Cooking” 6th Edition - Labensky
- Text book: “Foodservice Management Fundamentals” - Reynolds
- Knife Bag***
- Thermometer, included in knife bag
- Calculator- basic functions, pocket-size
- Note pad, pocket-size for kitchen
- Sharpie Pen, Fine-point, black ink only
Print the cuisine requirement sheet.
*All jackets, shirts and hats may be purchased from Chef Works or the Clark College Bookstore.
**All text books, knife bags, scale, and thermometer will be available in the Clark College Bookstore.
**The Bookstore will carry a variety of knife blade shields, supplementary tools, and uniform articles.
***Knife bag includes, Chef knife, boning knife, paring knife, bread knife, thermometer, Mercer ruler, peeler, and measuring spoons.