Clark College heads to the Clark County Fair
For Immediate Release
July 27, 2017
For additional information (media inquiries only):
Hannah Erickson, Communications & Marketing
T: 360-992-2954 E: email@example.com
High-resolution photos of 2016 Clark County Fair available upon request.
Students, faculty and staff to host games, challenges for fairgoers
VANCOUVER, Wash. — Clark College will again be participating in the Clark County Fair, which runs August 4-13.
Faculty, staff, and students from across the college will lead family-friendly activities and competitions that highlight Clark’s educational and extracurricular offerings as a part of this year’s fair theme of “Game On!” Each day of the fair will feature a different department, ranging from Alumni Relations to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
Clark’s activity schedule for the fair is as follows:
- Friday, August 4: Faculty and staff from across Clark College will lead games of Penguin Toss & Trivia with the chance to win prizes.
- Saturday, August 5: Alumni Relations will be offering a range of giveaways with their Prize Wheel, as well as information about upcoming alumni events.
- Sunday, August 6: STEM faculty and the student club N.E.R.D. (Not Even Remotely Dorky) Girls will be helping fairgoers build kinetic butterflies and paper LED circuits and leading a Fruit & Vegetable card game.
- Monday, August 7: The Automotive Technology department is challenging people’s fine motor skills with their Dexterity Boxes.
- Tuesday, August 8: Poetry faculty from the English department will be creating “Poetry on Demand” using unique prompt words provided by fairgoers.
- Wednesday, August 9: Staff from Human Resources and the Office of Diversity and Equity are getting to know fair attendees with a question-and-answer game called “Keep It Real.”
- Thursday, August 10: The Athletics department will be running games of mini-basketball, with prizes available.
- Friday, August 11: Representatives from the Health Occupations programs will be on hand to offer health assessment games and tests.
- Saturday, August 12: Faculty and staff from across Clark College will lead games of Penguin Toss & Trivia.
- Sunday, August 13: Faculty from the new Tod and Maxine McClaskey Culinary Institute are hosting games of Cuisine and Professional Baking Jeopardy to test visitors’ food knowledge. Their edible prizes include mini cupcakes and savory brittle.
The college also will have staff available during the fair to answer questions about available programs, financial aid, Running Start, and to help students with applying to Clark and registering for classes. Current students, prospective students, and alumni can stop by the booth for special giveaways and prizes—and Oswald the Penguin, Clark’s loveable mascot, will be on hand for photos throughout the fair. Additionally, Human Resources will be present on Wednesday, August 9, with information about job openings and working at Clark.
All activities will take place in the Clark booth on the midway at the fairgrounds. For more information about Clark at the fair, visit www.clark.edu/cc/fair, and follow Clark College on social media. For additional information about the fair including ticketing, maps, and directions, visit www.clarkcofair.com.
About Clark College
Located in Vancouver’s Central Park and serving more than 12,000 students per quarter, Clark College is Washington state’s second-largest single-campus, for-credit community college. The college currently offers classes at two satellite locations: one on the Washington State University Vancouver campus and one in the Columbia Tech Center in East Vancouver. Additionally, its Economic & Community Development program is housed in the Columbia Bank building in downtown Vancouver.