FAQs about Summit
(For the most up-to-date information about Summit, visit summit.orbiscascade.org)
- Summit is the web-based unified library catalog of more than 35 member colleges and universities in Washington and Oregon. Through Summit you have access to more than 28 million books, DVDs, videotapes, sound recordings, government documents and more.
- With a single search you can view items from all institutions, and eligible patrons may select and borrow materials directly through the Summit catalog. Move easily between the Clark College Library catalog and the Summit catalog with a single mouse click.
- Member institutions do not lend journals or journal articles. Use Interlibrary loan to request journal articles.
- Anyone may search the web-based catalog, but only current Clark College students (in credit classes), faculty, and staff members may request items. You must have a current library account at Clark College for your request to be accepted.
- Access Summit from the Cannell Library web site.
- Searching in Summit is similar to searching the Clark College Library catalog. You can search by author, title, keyword, subject, and more. Ask a reference librarian for assistance in getting started or with refining your search.
Pick up and return of Summit Items
Summit loan period & renewals
- You will receive an e-mail or mail notice when the item arrives. The status of Summit requests is listed in your "My Summit Account", accessible in the upper right corner of the Summit catalog page.
- Most items arrive at the Cannell Library, and are available for check-out, within 2-3 business days.
- In most cases, you will pick up the item at the Cannell Library Check Out desk. However, you can designate any Orbis Cascade Alliance member institution as your pick-up location when you make a Summit request. Be sure you have your picture ID and Clark College Library card with you when you go to pick up an item.
- You may return Summit items to the Cannell Library Check Out Desk or to any Orbis Cascade Alliance member library, no matter where you had it delivered for pick up.
- Most items check out for 6 weeks, with no renewal. Some items, such as DVDs, check out for 6 days, with no renewal. The loan period is set by the lending institution.
- Summit items may not be renewed.
Charges & consequences for late items
Member Institutions of the Orbis Cascade Alliance
- There is no charge to Clark College students for borrowing items, if they are returned on time and in good condition.
- Summit charges are significantly higher than those assessed by Cannell Library and are, under consortial policy, not negotiable. Replacement costs and fees total a minimum of $90.
- All library borrowing (except in-library use of reserve items for classes) will be blocked until the item is returned and the fine paid. Clark College registration, transcripts and paychecks will also be blocked until payment is made.
- Central Oregon Community College
- Central Washington University
- Chemeketa Community College
- Clark College
- Concordia University
- Eastern Oregon University
- Eastern Washington University
- George Fox University
- Lane Communicty College
- Lewis & Clark College
- Linfield College
- Marylhurst University
- Mt. Hood Community College
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Oregon Institute of Technology
- Oregon State University
- Pacific University
- Portland Community College
- Portland State University
- Reed College
- Saint Martin's College
- Seattle Pacific University
- Seattle University
- Southern Oregon University
- The Evergreen State College
- University of Oregon
- University of Portland
- University of Puget Sound
- University of Washington
- Walla Walla University
- Warner Pacific College
- Washington State University - Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver
- Western Oregon University
- Western Washington University
- Whitman College
- Willamette University