Employee Development FAQ


What does Employee Development offer?

Human Resources provides employee development offerings that support Clark College employees in the following ways:

  • Clark College Buddy Program
  • Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
  • Employee Recognition
  • Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
  • New Employee Orientation and Onboarding
  • On-campus and Online Training
  • LinkedIn Learning Rotational Licenses
  • Professional Development Funding
  • Wellness Activities and Initiatives  

If you have any questions regarding employee development offerings, please contact Human Resources at hr@clark.edu

650.005 Staff Development Funds

This policy is part of the Clark College Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual and can be found by visiting: http://www.clark.edu/about/governance/public-disclosure-and-records/adminProcedures/600/650/index.php

How do I sign up for professional development funds?

Please follow the How to Apply for Funds step-by-step guide on the main employee development page.

Where is the professional development funding request form?

We have moved the Professional Development Funds request form to an online submission form. Please click below:


When I submit the funds request form, where does it go?

All request forms are sent to Human Resources. If you have questions about the status of your request, please contact hr@clark.edu. Your supervisor will also receive a copy of your request.

How far in advance do I need to request funding?


Submission of your funds needs to occur at least 14 days prior to the event date, and before June 1. During the COVID-19 crisis, please contact HR if you have a more immediate need to access professional development funding (hr@clark.edu). 

How often do I need to do Higher Ed Works Training?

Clark College provides useful Compliance training for employees offered through Higher Ed Works. To ensure employees have the opportunity to refresh their understanding of important college, state and federal policies, the college follows a recurring training plan.

Current employees will be notified each September about the trainings that need to be completed in the coming year and will have twelve months from that notification date to complete the trainings. Higher Ed Works training is an annual requirement. 

New employees have 30 days to complete their initial new hire trainings. 

Higher Ed Works offers more than 100 courses on a variety of topics, including those related to human resources and workplace safety. Feel free to click the “available courses” link on the left sidebar of your main screen to enroll in additional trainings. 

I am a new employee. How long do I have to complete mandatory Higher Ed Works trainings?

You have 30 days from your hire date to complete your New Hire Trainings. New employees are required to complete twelve (12) assigned training modules as part of the new hire orientation process, which includes a module for completing this NEST notebook.

These trainings cover important compliance topics, such as a drug free and a discrimination free workplace, disability in the workplace, and the Ethics in Public Service Act.  

How do I log into Higher Ed Works?

  1. Click on Higher Ed Works
  2. When there, input your login credentials
    • Username = Your Clark College Username (not your email). First initial + last name. Example: OPenguin
    • Password = Employee’s ctcLink ID

If you need assistance, call 1-866-724-6650, Option 4, to talk to a live person at the Higher Ed Works Help Desk. You can also send an email to ithelp@clark.edu or Human Resources, hr@clark.edu.

I would like to add an employee to Higher Ed Works training, how do I do that?

There are times that you may have an employee who might need a special course, like van training, bloodborne pathogens training, etc.

If you would like an employee to be added to a training, please email Human Resources at hr@clark.edu outlining the following: 1) the employee’s first and last name; 2) the employee's @clark.edu email; 3) training to be added. 

I want to request a LinkedIn Learning license, how do I do that?

Clark College Employee Development has a number of transferrable LinkedIn Learning licenses available to staff and faculty for three (3) week rotations offered through Employee Development.

LinkedIn Learning (formally Lynda.com) is a high-quality online resource for learning a wide variety of software, creative, business and leadership skills relevant to your personal and professional development.  Designed for all levels of learners, and presented in a convenient format, LinkedIn Learning is available whenever you are ready to learn and can be accessed on your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, or other mobile device.

To request a license, contact Human Resources, hr@clark.edu.

How do I get in contact with the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)? 

Clark College offers all staff and benefits eligible faculty access to a variety of health and wellness services through the Washington State Employee Assistance Program.

Services include free consultations and referrals with licensed specialists for personal and work-related issues. All services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For a summary of offerings, see our EAP web page.

To access services, call 360-407-9490 or Toll Free at 877-313-4455, or go to eap.wa.gov

Your EAP can help you in more ways than you realize!

I need van training, what are the steps I need to sign-up?

If you need van training, please ensure your supervisor has contacted the following:

  1. Human Resources to initiate a background check;
  2. Traneesa Frazier, tfrazier@clark.edu and again
  3. Human Resources, to request that your employee be added to the Higher Ed Works Van Training. hr@clark.edu