Housing Assistance

Clark College has partnered with local community organizations in the City of Vancouver to help students who are experiencing housing insecurities. Through the city’s Building Change grant, a limited amount of grant money is available to help eligible students experiencing unstable housing situations.

Who can apply

This program is not for students who are currently experiencing homelessness. Rather, it is for students whose housing situation is insecure. Examples of this include:

In order to apply for this program, students need to be:

If you have any questions, please call 360-992-2729 or email housing@clark.edu.

If you are currently experiencing homelessness, or are housing insecure but do not fit the criteria for this program, please visit the section of this page devoted to other resources to find additional options for assistance.

What kind of help is available?

 Depending on eligibility and availability, the Affordable Housing Fund may be able to help with items such as:

How do I apply?

Assistance is only available when the partnering housing agencies have the resources to provide it. Clark College cannot predict when these openings for services will occur, and they may last only a matter of hours. Because of this, it is important for students to move quickly when an opening becomes available.

To find out about openings, please sign up for our email message notification system, which will alert you when the housing agencies have availability to provide assistance. Use your Clark Lab Account username and password to sign up through the online form below.


(Username used to login to Clark WiFi and Labs)


(Pasword used to login to Clark WiFi and Labs)

Please be aware that completing the application does not guarantee you will receive assistance. It is the first step in a process that involves screening and selection by organizations outside of Clark College.  

Other resources

Even if you are not eligible for the Affordable Housing Fund, please explore these other options for assistance:

The Clark College emergency grant application