Priority Registration (PR) is an important process, and it generally occurs 8 weeks or more before the start of a quarter. It gives DSS staff the time necessary to arrange for certain accommodations (e.g. sign language interpreters, alternate format of textbooks, alternate furniture). Some accommodations take significant amounts of time to arrange; hence, the importance for you to register during this window of time.
Generally speaking, it is critical that you register and request accommodations during Priority Registration, so that DSS has time to process your accommodation plan. Some accommodations take significant amounts of time to arrange.
Exception: Some students who are approved for Priority Registration are eligible due
to disability-related scheduling needs. If you are approved for PR due to scheduling
needs only, then timely requesting of accommodations is not critical.
1. Students will need to register themselves for classes through MyClark at their PR time, and then request their accommodations through the student login portal at myDSS. If you need assistance utilizing myDSS, please call, e-mail, or stop by the DSS office for help.
2. If you need to meet with an Advisor prior to registering, the Advising Center has appointment slots available for DSS PR students to meet with an Academic Advisor.
3. Students who are new to utilizing an alternate format accommodation, or who want to request changes in their alternate format, should schedule an alternate format appointment during PR week. If there are no changes to your alternate format, you do not need to schedule an appointment.
4. The alternate format appointment needs to occur after you have independently registered for classes and requested accommodations in myDSS. Students who arrive for an alternate format appointment before registering and requesting accommodations will be asked to reschedule.
1. If you are utilizing any accommodations which require time-sensitive requesting (i.e. alternate format, alternate furniture, or interpreters), DSS will make every effort to provide you with all requested accommodations in a timely manner.
2. In relation to alternate format, in the event that your notice is not given in a timely manner (i.e. your request is made after Priority Registration or less than 8 weeks before the term begins), DSS will attempt to provide you with the requested educational materials in alternate format on an as-needed basis.
3. If applicable, DSS will inform you when alternate format is ready to be picked up.