Clark College during COVID-19
Clark College continues to respond to evolving guidance from state and local health authorities regarding COVID-19. Check this page regularly for up-to-date information.
Clark College is a fully vaccinated campus. Learn what that means for students on the Student Vaccination web page.
Learn the latest about vaccinations, class formats, financial assistance, and how to reach student services through our regularly updated Frequently Asked Questions.
Get the latest guidance on workplace safety and employee requirements on Clark College's employee intranet. (ClarkNet ID and password required)
What you need to know
- Clark College is a fully vaccinated campus. All students and employees must attest that they are fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption. Learn more on our Student Vaccination page.
- Masks are optional in most Clark College settings. Masks will continue to be required for all allied health and other academic programs with clinical components as well as in the childcare center.
- Existing cleaning protocols are continuing.
- Please monitor yourself daily for symptoms and stay home if you are sick. It is also strongly recommended that you follow CDC Guidelines before, during and after you travel.
- Students can access most services either virtually or in-person. Some in-person services may have limited hours or availability.
Find Help Online
Visit the Remote Help Desk online today to get answers to your questions from staff in Admissions, Counseling, Advising, Financial Aid, Tutoring, and more.
Find Emergency Funding
STUDENTS: Do you need financial assistance or a computer loans? Please learn about our Financial Assistance Resources.
Where to get more information
- Email your questions about Clark College and COVID-19: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a list of ways to contact student services remotely, use this directory.
- Need help with online learning? Visit our eLearning Introduction page.
- Need a loaner computer? Fill out our online request form to apply for a loaner laptop and/or wifi hotspot. If you have questions about the process, email email@example.com or call 360-992-2010.
- Washington State Department of Health
- Clark County Public Health
- Call the state hotline: 800-525-0127
Washington State Department of Health information provided in alternative languages:
American Sign Language (ASL) | 中文 – Chinese | 日本語 – Japanese | 한국어 – Korean | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ – Punjabi | Русский – Russian | Af-soomaali – Somali | Español – Spanish | Українська – Ukrainian | Tiếng Việt – Vietnamese
This page last updated November 7, 2022.