Disability Support Services (DSS)
How is DSS operating with COVID-19?
We have staff working Mondays through Thursdays 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Here are ways you can contact us:
- New Phone: 360-545-3864 answered Mondays and Wednesdays between 9 a.m. -12 p.m. and 2 p.m. -5 p.m., Tuesday and Thursdays intermittently, and Fridays 9 a.m. -12 p.m.. Or call our main campus number (360) 992-2314 to leave a message and we will return your message within 48 business hours.
- Video Phone for ASL: please email email@example.com to set up a video call.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you email or leave a message, we will get back to you within 48 business hours.
Drop In hours
Students with approved accommodations or interested in starting accommodations can join us on Zoom for support. Weekly Drop In Hours are hosted via Zoom at these two weekly times:
- Tuesdays 2-3 p.m. DSS Drop-in. Full Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/91265870977
- Thursdays 11 a.m.-12 p.m. DSS Drop-in. Full Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/91265870977
- You may also phone in to the DSS Zoom drop-in times by calling 253-215-8782 and follow the prompts. You will need to enter our meeting ID number 91265870977 when prompted to do so. (Please be aware that this is a Tacoma based phone number and may incur long distance charges depending on your phone service.)
- When you enter the meeting you will hang out in the Zoom Waiting Room for a couple of minutes before staff allow you in and greet you.
Clark College and the Disability Support Services (DSS) office assist students with disabilities in pursuing their educational goals. Clark College is committed to assuring that its services, programs, and activities are accessible to individuals with disabilities. The DSS Office will provide accommodations, as well as serve as a resource to the campus community in striving to make Clark College both an accessible and hospitable place for students with disabilities.
Interested in getting accommodations?
View the Steps for Requesting Accommodations located in the right navigation for steps to getting started. Step 1 is a short Getting Started quiestionaire. If you are a current student or a prospective student with a disability and feel you would benefit from accommodation, we hope you will contact the Disability Support Services Office! We are here to support you on your educational path.
Upcoming Events and/or Activities:
ADHD Skills Group:
Are you struggling with attention difficulty or ADHD? Would you like to learn skills to overcome everyday challenges related to ADHD, and connect to other students facing similar issues? Then this group is for you! ADHD Skills Group for Winter term runs Wednesdays 2-3pm January 27th-March 3rd. They meet virtually over Zoom for 6 weeks. For more information or to register visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/adhd-skills-group-tickets-129775296405 or email: email@example.com.
Autism Spectrum Success Group:
Do you identify as neurodivergent/Autistic/a student on the Autism Spectrum, including Asperger's Syndrome? Interested in making new social connections? Want to learn how to identify your strengths and challenges? Join us for our exciting 6 week Autism Spectrum Success Group! We will meet virtually over Zoom every Thursday from 12pm-1pm starting the 4th week of each term. For more information or to register, please email Shayna: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a Sign Language Interpreter?
DSS can provide interpreters for meetings, classes, or events. Request interpreters if you are a new student and plan to visit campus: Request a Sign Language Interpreter.
For captioning requests of videos, please email ASLInterpreting@clark.edu.
Servicing Students virtually now and normally located in Penguin Union Building (PUB) 013
Check In appointments
For students with approved accommodations, they can schedule a 30 minute phone or virtual check-in appointment to review accommodations, request support in their accommodations, or discuss academic goals. Please contact email@example.com to schedule.