Early Childhood Education
Early childhood education fosters the development of social, intellectual, and emotional abilities in young children. Early Childhood educators work together with children and their families to model behavior that nurtures a child’s long-term educational success.
Child and Family Studies
The Child and Family Studies website has moved. You can visit it at About > Visitor's Guide > Services for the Community > Child Care.
Information Request Form
In order to provide you with the best information possible, please fill out the entire form. Additional Information
(Check all that apply)
Clark students have a variety of options when seeking a concentration in ECE studies. Certificates of achievement, a Certificate of Proficiency, an Associate in Applied Science Degree and transfer options are available for students looking to continue to a four-year institution.
Employment opportunities for Early Childhood Education exist in a variety of roles: Headstart teacher, Pre-K teacher, Early Childhood Teacher, or Teacher’s Assistant.
According to the U.S Department of Labor, employment projections forecast Early Childhood Education jobs growing at a rate of 8 percent, with a median wage in the Portland-Vancouver metro area estimated at $13.45 per hour.
Degrees and Certificates
- AAS-Early Childhood Education
- AAS-T-Early Childhood Education
- CC-State Initial Early Childhood Education Certificate
- CC-State Short Early Childhood Education Certificate of Specialization-General
- CC-State Short Early Childhood Education Certificate of Specialization-Infants and Toddlers
- CC-State Short Early Childhood Education Certificate of Specialization-School Age Care
- CC-State Short Early Childhood Education Certificate of Specialization-Family Child Care
- CC-State Short Early Childhood Education Certificate of Specialization-Administration
- CP-State Early Childhood Education Certificate