Whether it's your first time taking an online or hybrid class or you just need a refresher, we recommend you complete the Online Canvas Orientation first. Web-enhanced courses also frequently use Canvas for access to course resources and tracking grades. Use this link to visit the comprehensive, self-paced, online orientation for Canvas use.
Canvas Video Tutorials
Video tutorials on specific Canvas functions:
- How to Log in on the Clark College Canvas Site
- How to Add a Profile Picture and Edit Personal Settings
- Update your Notification Preferences
- Communication with your Instructor and Peers
- Manage your Personal Files
- How to Submit your Assignments
- How to Submit Peer Reviews
- Quizzes in Canvas
- Taking Quizzes with Respondus LockDown Browser
- Discussions in Canvas
- Participate in a Group
- Check your Grades
- How to Use the Canvas Guides
- Navigate Canvas on your iPhone
- Netiquette for Online Discussion Forums
Smart Penguin is FAQ-based information with tips to help you succeed in eLearning courses. It is highly recommended for eLearning students at Clark as it contains articles addressing current issues and new developments, including the best ways to avoid or resolve the latest known technical issues. Visit the Smart Penguin site, check out the resources, and sign up for the feed.
Twitter Alert System
Twitter is used as an alert system for Canvas outages or online user-related issues. View or follow @SmartPenguin for system alerts.
For details including accessibility statements related to technology and tools used in online and hybrid courses, as well as privacy policies when student identity is required, please visit our Accessibility Statements and Privacy Policies page.