Other Benefits & Information for Veterans

Vocational Rehabilitation Program

Veterans, or service-members pending separation from military service for medical causes, may be eligible for VA Vocational Rehabilitation benefits if they incurred or aggravated a service-connected disability on or after September 16, 1940. The disability must be such that it entitles them to VA disability compensation of at least 10%, and they must be in need of vocational rehabilitation because the disability causes an employment handicap which has not been overcome by education or training.

Veteran Dependents 100% Tuition Waiver for dependents of deceased, disabled, missing in action or prisoner of war veterans

Eligibility:  A child or surviving spouse of an eligible veteran or national guard member who:

1. Became totally disabled as defined in RCW 28B.15.385; OR

2. Lost his/her life while engaged in active federal military or naval service; OR

3. Is determined by the federal government to be a prisoner of war or missing in action.

Qualifying Criteria:  The student must be domiciled in the state of Washington in order to qualify for the waiver.

Documentation:  To determine eligibility, the student must provide a letter(Certificate of Eligibility) from the Department of Veterans Affairs authorizing dependents benefits.  This is addressed to the dependent student and usually:

A Certificate of Eligibility may also be issued in a different format than above, but would provide similar information.

Please provide the Certificate of Eligibility to Clark College’s Veterans' Affairs office at your early convenience. 

To apply go to http://www.gibill.va.gov


VA Work-Study Program

This program is available to students using VA education benefits or Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits and attending school at least three-quarter. Examples of areas in which VA Work-study students may work include; School Veterans Affairs Office, VA Regional Office, VA Medical Facilities, or at approved State Employment Offices. Work-study students are paid either at the State or Federal Minimum wage, whichever is greater.  Contact the Veterans Services office for further information.

VA Work-Study Application (PDF)


Department of Veterans Affairs
Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Services Homepage
Veterans Benefits Administration