Professional Learning Communities
To support Clark’s commitment to student learning and faculty development, and to expand the community of learners to faculty and staff participants, the TLC encourages focused learning communities in which interested faculty and professional staff can learn and grow together. Evidence shows that learning communities increase college employee interest in teaching and learning while providing safety and support to investigate, attempt, assess, and adopt new methods in classes, programs and services.
Long-Term Goals of Professional Learning Communities at Clark College
- Build college-wide community through teaching and learning;
- Investigate and incorporate ways that diversity can enhance teaching, learning, and student success;
- Nourish the scholarship of teaching and its application to student learning;
- Broaden the evaluation of teaching and the assessment of learning;
- Increase collaboration across the college;
- Encourage reflection about education and the coherence of learning across disciplines;
- Create an awareness of the complexity of teaching, learning, and student success.
For more information about how to create a Professional Learning Community for 2017-2018, contact Judith Hernández Chapar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 992-2086