Student Program Goals
Statement of Purpose:
The Office of Student Programs
oversees the programs and activities of the Associated Students of Clark College
(ASCC), its student-funded programs
and chartered student
The Office of Student Programs at Clark College is committed to providing
you with opportunities for leadership development through participation
in out-of-classroom programs and activities. Through the implementation
and support of programs and activities which serve to enhance both the
campus and community environments, you will develop leadership knowledge,
skills and abilities which both supplements and complements classroom
You are encouraged and supported to engage in governance activities, program/project
development and management and those opportunities which demonstrate a
commitment to service. By encouraging collaborative relationships within
the campus community and the Clark College service district, you will
gain an understanding and appreciation for community building and help
develop an understanding of the responsibilities of citizenship.
The Office of Student Programs also serves to support those Clark College
faculty and staff and Clark community members who commit their time, talent
and energy to furthering the leadership development of students. The Office
of Student Programs is committed to providing the resources necessary
to ensure the quality of the advising/mentoring relationship.
It is through the development of mutually beneficial programs and relationships
that the Office of Student Programs shall meet the leadership development
needs of Clark College students.
The Office of Student Programs shall:
1. Offer quality leadership development education programs for students.
- Develop a comprehensive leadership development education program
for student leaders which balances leadership theory and skill-building.
2. Offer quality co-curricular/extra-curricular programs for the benefit
of students, Clark College and the community.
- Annually review the current programs being supported through S&A
fees to ensure programs are meeting the needs of the campus and community.
- When appropriate, encourage and support the development of new programs
- Encourage students to form student
3. Engage in collaborative relationships between the Office of Student
Programs and other campus departments for the benefit of enhancing the
learning environment for students.
- Develop programs and activities which provide opportunities for
collaborations between departments.
- Encourage faculty and staff to participate in student leadership
4. Engage in collaborative relationships within the Clark College service
district for the purpose of exposing students to citizenship ideals and
5. Provide resources which support the efforts of faculty and staff who
direct and advise student funded programs and student clubs and organizations.
6. Promote the co-curricular and extra-curricular programs and activities
and their benefits to the campus and community.