How does GET work?
GET is Washington's 529 Prepaid College Tuition plan that helps families save for college. The value of a GET account is measured in "units," where 100 units represent the cost of one year of resident, undergraduate tuition and state-mandated fees
at the highest priced public university (either UW or WSU). Individual units are valued at 1/100th of that cost.
GET Web site
- The unit cost is based on the unit price in effect today when you purchase them.
- The future value of these units will be the actual price of resident, undergraduate tuition and state-mandated fees at the most expensive Washington public university (UW or WSU) at the time your child attends college. GET is GUARANTEED by the state of Washington to match rising tuition costs, even if they double or triple.
- Units can be purchased in whole or partial amounts, from 1 to 500 units per student.
- You can use the monetary value of your units to attend nearly any public or private university, community college or vocational school in the country.
- The monetary value remains the same wherever you use GET, so if your school costs more than UW or WSU, you apply the units you have and pay the difference. If it costs less, you can also use units to pay for room and board, books or other higher education costs.