Thompson Fitness Center
O'Connell Sports Complex
Fitness Center .......... (360) 992-2808
Fitness Center Office .......... (360) 992-2185
Garet Studer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve DaMassa: email@example.com
The following Clark College Affiliates are eligible to use the O'Connell Sports Complex
(OSC) Thompson Fitness Center during open hours:
- Currently enrolled part and full-time Clark College students
(not eligible for annual pass) and students returning in fall
- All Clark employees, their spouses, children 16 years old
and older, including emeritus faculty and their spouses
- Penguin Athletic Club (PAC) members, 16 years old and older
(joining fee: $50 individual, $100 family per yr.)
- Clark College Alumni Association members, 16 years old and
older (joining fee: $25 per yr.)
Eligible open hour users must pay a quarterly usage fee of $20
or $60 annual fee (if eligible) and obtain a Thompson Fitness
Students who are currently enrolled in Physical Education, Fitness Trainer, HPE
266 or HPE 258 (Fitness Wellness) courses are FREE during that
quarter. They must scan their current Clark College ID card in
OSC 136 or 138 for access to the Fitness Center. ID cards may
be purchased in the bookstore for $3.00. Take your receipt for
your card across the hall to Security. They will take your picture
for your card. The card provides free and discounted admission
to events and may offer discounts at local businesses. See catalogue
for additional info.
Though it is not required, we recommend completion of a weight
training and/or circuit fitness class prior to using the weight room
and/or fitness center.
To obtain your Thompson Fitness Center
Membership, follow these three steps:
- Pay $20.00 or $60 annual fee (if eligible) at the Cashier Office in Gaiser Hall. Employees, spouses, eligible family members, PAC and Alumni members may pay $60 for an annual membership (valid summer, fall, winter, and spring quarters of current academic year). PAC and Clark College Alumni Association members must present a valid membership card. This fee is non-refundable.
- At your first visit, bring receipt of payment to front desk staff in the fitness center. At that time our staff will enter your information into the fitness center member check in system. You will be required to take an identification photo as well as sign an "Acknowledgement of Hazards and Risks" form.
- Each time you visit thereafter, you can either scan your ID card or manually enter your ID number at the front desk check in to be granted access.
For more information on how to become a member of the Penguin Athletic
Club (PAC) or the Clark College Alumni Association, please call the
Clark College Foundation at 992-2301 or the Fitness Center
Manager at 992-2808 or 992-2185.