Frequently Asked FERPA Questions



Where can I get a copy of the law?

Information about FERPA is available at:

Why can't I get my child's grades/class schedule? I'm paying tuition.

FERPA does not permit Clark College to release non-directory information without the student's signed consent on file in the Enrollment Services Office.

Can you tell me how much my child owes in tuition so I can pay?

No. Your child must either tell you how much he or she owes, or your child must submit to the Enrollment Services Office a signed authorization to release information specifically to you.

Can I have my directory information released to just my parents?

No, a student does not have the right to request non-disclosure to a particular person or group of persons.

Pixel Shim
Pixel Shim