should request interpreter services for classes a minimum of
six weeks prior to the start of the quarter. Student understands
that requests made with less than six weeks notice may be difficult to fill. Student
must notify DSS immediately of any changes to his or her class schedule.
2. Student shall notify DSS within a reasonable amount of time, preferably at least two weeks in advance, when requesting an interpreter for events, appointments, or meetings outside of regularly scheduled class time.
3. Student should utilize Priority Registration.
4. Student should notify DSS of any difficulty with an interpreter.
5. Student will notify DSS; if possible, at least 24 hours in advance if unable to attend class or other pre-arranged interpreter requested appointment.
6. Student understands that the interpreter will only wait 10 minutes per scheduled class hour. If the student does not show within that time frame or call the DSS Office to inform of late arrival, the interpreter will leave and report to the DSS Office for reassignment.
7. After three absences interpreting services will be suspended until the student meets with the DSS Director.
1. DSS will send a letter to the student outlining the student's approved academic adjustment.
2. DSS will arrange for interpreters upon request for appropriate Clark College classes, events, or meetings. Under no circumstances will Clark College be responsible for payment of interpreter services unless authorized in advance by DSS or other authorized Clark College personnel.
3. DSS will make every effort to appropriately schedule qualified interpreters based on the student's language needs, the interpreter's skills, the course/event content, and the professor/presenter's style.
The above responsibilities have been explained to me, and I understand my responsibilities.
Student's Signature ________________________________________________________