Disability Support Services (DSS) will coordinate the access to educational materials in e-text format for students with a documented disability who have been approved for this academic adjustment by the DSS Manager. The following identifies the responsibilities of the student and DSS if the student chooses to utilize educational materials in e-text format.
1. Student should give DSS a minimum of six weeks notice to arrange for educational materials in e-text format.
2. Student should utilize Priority Registration.
3. Student must purchase any textbook or educational materials that are to be converted to e-text in the DSS Office.
4. Student will pick up e-text materials from the DSS Office in a timely manner. If e-text materials are not picked up in a timely manner, services may be suspended until the student meets with the DSS Manager.
5. Student will return all DSS converted e-text materials to the DSS Office immediately upon the completion of the quarter. If the e-text materials are not returned and other arrangements have not been approved, a hold will be placed on his or her records.
6. Student is responsible for all e-text materials borrowed from outside agencies, to include following the agency's policies and procedures.
7. Student must promise not to duplicate or lend e-text materials to other individuals.
|Responsibilities—Disability Support Services|
1. DSS will send a letter to the student outlining the student's approved academic adjustments.
2. DSS will make every effort to provide the student with all requested educational materials in e-text format in a timely manner. In the event notice is not given in a timely manner, DSS will attempt to provide the student with the educational materials in e-text format requested on an as needed basis.
3. DSS will arrange for educational materials in e-text format to be provided by outside agencies when available.
4. DSS will inform the student when e-text materials are ready to be picked up.
The above responsibilities have been explained to me, and I understand my responsibilities.
Student's Signature ________________________________________________________
Print Name ____________________________________
Date: _____ / _____ / _____