Disability Support Services (DSS) students with a documented disability who have been approved for this academic adjustment by the DSS Manager. The following procedure identifies the responsibilities of the student and DSS.
- Student must deliver the testing memorandum to each professor
in a timely manner (unless other arrangements have been made).
- Student must schedule his or her tests with the DSS Office at least five school
days in advance or as soon as student is notified.
- Student must provide the following information to a DSS staff member when scheduling
a test: date and time of the test, course title, professor's name, and type of adjustments needed.
A student will only be allowed the adjustments that the DSS Manager has approved.
- All tests scheduled in the DSS Office should be taken at the regularly scheduled class
meeting time. In certain circumstances the student may be allowed to take the exam at
a different time with approval from both the DSS Office and the professor.
- Student must promise not to disclose any test information to other students in the class
or ask them to disclose information to him or her if the test is taken at an alternate time.
- Student must notify the DSS Office as soon as possible if it is necessary to change or
cancel alternate testing arrangements.
- Student agrees to comply with
- DSS will send a memorandum to the student for each professor involved outlining the student's testing adjustments.
- DSS will provide the alternate testing arrangements the student is qualified to receive when timely notice is given.
- The DSS Office will maintain the highest possible level of academic integrity and follow the professor's examination directions.
- The DSS staff will return the exam to the professor in a timely manner.
The above responsibilities have been explained to me, and I understand my responsibilities.
Student's Signature ________________________________________________________
Date: _____ / _____ / _____