Disability Support Services (DSS) will coordinate the access to educational materials in alternate format for students with a documented disability who have been approved for this academic adjustment by the DSS Manager. The following identifies the responsibilities of the student and DSS if the student chooses to utilize educational materials in alternate format.
- Student should give DSS a minimum of six weeks notice to arrange for educational materials in alternate format (twelve weeks for braille).
- Student should utilize Priority Registration.
- Student must relinquish the original receipt, documenting purchase of any textbook or educational materials, to the DSS Office prior to checking out the alternate format. An original receipt is not required for materials borrowed from RFB&D.
- Student will pick up alternate format from the DSS Office in a timely manner. If materials are not picked up in a timely manner, services may be suspended until the student meets with the DSS Manager.
- Student will return all alternate format to the DSS Office immediately upon the completion of the quarter. Alternate format must be returned in its original condition. If the materials are not returned and other arrangements have not been approved, a hold will be placed on his or her records.
- Student must promise not to duplicate or lend alternate format to other individuals.
- DSS will send a letter to the student outlining the studentís approved academic adjustments.
- DSS will make every effort to provide the student with all requested educational materials in alternate
format in a timely manner. In the event notice is not given in a timely manner, DSS will attempt to
provide the student with the requested educational materials in alternate format on an as needed basis.
- DSS will arrange for educational materials in alternate format to be provided by outside agencies when
- DSS will inform the student when alternate format is ready to be picked up.
The above responsibilities have been explained to me, and I understand my responsibilities.
Student's Signature ________________________________________________________
Date: _____ / _____ / _____