Vice Chair, Clark College Board of Trustees
Profile: Appointed: 2010 Term Ends: 2011
From 1996-2010, Royce Pollard served as mayor of Vancouver, Wash.
During his six terms as mayor, Pollard shaped the development of downtown Vancouver including the revitalization of Esther Short Park and the dedication of the Hilton Vancouver Washington Hotel and Convention Center.
Educated at the University of Alabama, Pollard served in the U.S. Army beginning in 1961, including deployment during the Vietnam War. His final post was as Commander of the Vancouver Barracks. After retiring from the Army in 1988, he was appointed to Vancouver City Council one year later.
He was honored by the Community Foundation of Washington as Clark County’s First Citizen for 2010.
Community activities include:
- Board of Directors, Southwest Washington Red Cross
- Board Member, Bi-State Coordination Committee
- Board Member, Bi-State Transportation Committee
- Board Member, Council for the Homeless
- Board Member, RSVP
- Board Member, Southwest Washington Health District
- Chair, C-TRAN
- Chair, Heritage Capital Projects Fund, Washington State Historical Society
- Member, 40 et 8
- Member, American Legion Post #14
- Member, Columbia River Crossing Project Sponsor Council
- Member, Vietnam Veterans of America
- Vice-Chair, Southwest Washington Association of Governments
- B.S. in Secondary Education, University of Alabama