To provide quality training, education, and resources to increase knowledge and awareness about money and money management to help reduce financial stress and increase financial wellness for Clark College students and community members.
What is Financial Wellness?
Financial Wellness is having an understanding of your financial situation and maintaining balance through any unforeseen changes. Clark College offers one-on-one financial coaching, workshops, and resources to support students on their journey to Financial Wellness. Contact Career Services for more information.
Student Success Workshops
- Financing Your Dreams: Learn to create a budget that is practical regardless of your financial situation. The focus will be on budgeting to attain your long-term goals, and to provide you with the tools to create your own budget.
- Destroy Debt: Learn how to control and eliminate debt. Focus will be on the power of interest and planning to be debt free.
- Better Banking : Learn about banking basics, compounding interest, and we will compare the rates of local banks and credit unions to determine which offers students the greatest benefit.
- Conquer Credit: Learn how to establish credit, check your credit score, fix credit issues, and shop for the right credit card.
Increase your Financial Literacy with SALT!
Clark College has teamed up with Salt® to help our students and alumni manage their money and student loans. Here’s the best part—we are providing all of Salt’s resources for free and you can and keep it for life!
With SALT you can:
- Score a scholarship, an internship or a job
- Get help with student loans
- Snag money saving deals
- Take control of your money
- Check your credit score and/or locate debt at any time for no charge at Credit Karma.com
- Request a credit report for free once per year from each of the credit reporting agencies at AnnualCreditReport.com
- Shop here for competitve credit card offers that fit your credit profile at Cardhub.com
- Track your spending habits, set up account alerts, and set goals for saving at Mint.com
- If you prefer budgeting on paper check out the SALT Spending Plan
- Free tool to help create and visualize a debt repayment plan at Unbury Me.com
- Strategies for paying down debts
- Clark College Individual Development Account (Match Savings Program)
- Free Help Filing Taxes in Clark County
It PAYS to be Financially Educated
The first 50 Clark Students to complete the following 3 tasks will receive a $25 gift card to the bookstore!
Contest starts January 1, 2017 and ends the final day of Fall Quarter 2017.
1. Attend ONE of the following Financial Student Success Workshops offered this year.
- Better Banking
- Conquer Credit
- Destroy Debt
- Financing Your Dreams
- Free Tax Prep
2. Create an account with SALT and complete the SALT Budgeting Course.
Bring certificate of completion to the financial literacy coach during your third task.
*If you have difficulty accessing this course scroll call 855.469.2724.
3. Bring or create your own personal budget to review with Clark's financial literacy coach in Career Services.
Students may use pen and paper, an excel spreadsheet, mint.com, or the budgeting software of their choice to complete this task.
Financial Literacy Handouts
- Achieving Financial Independence
- Spending-Where Does Your Money Go?
- Spending Diary
- Budgeting Process
- Monthly Budget Worksheet
- Understanding Your Credit Score
- Debt Management
- Debt Repayment Plans
- Planning For Retirement
- Financial Goals Worksheet
- Managing Your Student Loans
For more information, contact:
Clark College, Career Services, PUB 002
1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663