All financial aid recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a valid Social Security Number and be a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate to be considered for Federal Financial Aid.
- Enroll in a program of study that leads to an eligible degree or certificate at Clark College. Students must declare their program of study by completing a Major Declaration Form by the time they register.
- Males age 18 and older must be registered with Selective Service.
- Not be in default on any federal student loan.
- Not owe a federal grant repayment or have made satisfactory arrangements to repay the debt.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress by completing all credits enrolled in each quarter, maintaining a GPA of 2.0 or better and making progress toward a degree.
- Not be receiving financial aid at another school during the same period of enrollment.
- Not have a conviction for an offense involving the possession or sale of illegal drugs while receiving federal student aid.
- Running Start students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Adult Basic Education (ABE), English as a Second Language (ESL), English as a Non-Native Language (ENL) and Family Life and Parenting (FLPC) are not financial aid eligible courses.
- Students who have a Bachelor’s degree are eligible for Federal Direct Loans and/or Work Study only.
- Students taking preparatory coursework for a degree at another school may be eligible for Direct Loans only and must complete a Preparatory Coursework Contract.
Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities, in accordance with state and federal laws.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Director for Equity and Diversity Baird Administration Building (360) 992-2355 (360) 992-2835 (TTY).