Veterans Affairs

Other Benefits & Information for Veterans

Vocational Rehabilitation Program

Veterans, or service-members pending separation from military service for medical causes, may be eligible for VA Vocational Rehabilitation benefits if they incurred or aggravated a service-connected disability on or after September 16, 1940. The disability must be such that it entitles them to VA disability compensation of at least 10%, and they must be in need of vocational rehabilitation because the disability causes an employment handicap which has not been overcome by education or training.

Veteran Dependents 100% Tuition Waiver for dependents of deceased, disabled, missing in action or prisoner of war veterans

Eligibility:  A child or surviving spouse of an eligible veteran or national guard member who:

1. Became totally disabled as defined in RCW 28B.15.385; OR

2. Lost his/her life while engaged in active federal military or naval service; OR

3. Is determined by the federal government to be a prisoner of war or missing in action.

Qualifying Criteria:  The student must be domiciled in the state of Washington in order to qualify for the waiver.

Documentation:  To determine eligibility, the student must provide a letter (Certificate of Eligibility) from the Department of Veterans Affairs authorizing dependents benefits.  This is addressed to the dependent student and usually:

A Certificate of Eligibility may also be issued in a different format than above, but would provide similar information.

Please provide the Certificate of Eligibility to Clark College’s Veterans' Affairs office at your early convenience. 

To apply go to


VA Work-Study Program

This program is available to students using VA education benefits or Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits and attending school at least three-quarter. Examples of areas in which VA Work-study students may work include; School Veterans Affairs Office, VA Regional Office, VA Medical Facilities, or at approved State Employment Offices. Work-study students are paid either at the State or Federal Minimum wage, whichever is greater.  Contact the Veterans Services office for further information.

VA Work-Study Application (PDF)


Department of Veterans Affairs
Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Services Homepage
Veterans Benefits Administration