Tech Prep/Healthcare Core Partnership
What is Tech Prep?
The Tech Prep program puts high schools students on the pathway to earning a degree
from Clark College by allowing them to complete selected Career & Technical
Education classes while still in high school. Tech Prep is a partnership between
Clark College and participating area high schools allowing students to simultaneously
earn high school and college credits.
Search for participating high schools and approved classes in partnership with Clark College.
What is the Healthcare Core?
The Healthcare Core is a partnership between Clark College and participating local
high schools which allows students to earn college credits in Career & Technical Education
classes related to healthcare professions. For specific college courses and degree
options, see the pathway chart
Healthcare Core Informational Video:
Why Take Tech Prep classes?
- Tech Prep students get a ï¿½jump startï¿½ on their college education and career plans.
- Tech Prep students save time and money by fulfilling degree requirements while still
in high school.
- Tech Prep students are able to bypass entry level college courses when they register
at a community college.
- Tech Prep credits are guaranteed at Clark College and may be used at another community
college or university, dependent on their admission criteria. Or, you may enter the
military at a higher rank.
How Can I Get College Credit Now?
- Enroll in a Tech Prep class at your high school. Talk to your teacher or Career Counselor
if youï¿½re unsure.
- Earn a grade of ï¿½Bï¿½ or better. Some classes have additional requirements.
- Register online with your high school at http://sers.techprepwa.org
Need More Information?
Contact the Tech Prep Office at (360) 992-2458