Attention - Nursing Point System Has Changed
Acceptance into the Nursing program is selective and competitive. It is based on the total points accumulated in the criteria outlined below.
Upon completion of the minimum requirements, an evaluation will
be completed and the applicants will be notified by the Nursing
department regarding program consideration and selection. Once the pool of selected candidates has been determined the applicant will be assigned to a fall, winter or spring quarter. The Nursing department is unable to accept requests for specific quarter starts.
Students are ranked based on the following 48-point scale:
(view pdf version)
- Science GPA (maximum points possible: 24)
- Applicable GPA (maximum points possible: 20)
- Washington Residency (12 month residency: 2)
- Students who have lived in the State of Washington for 12 months prior to application deadline will earn 2 points toward selection. Residency status is determined by the Clark College Admissions office. Students are responsible for updating and ensuring accurate residency status with the college.
- NAC Completion (Current certification: 1)
- Students should submit the NAC credential number on an updated Statement of Intent form to the Enrollment Services department.
- Experience in Health Related Field (1 year or more: 1)
- Students must submit the completed RN Healthcare Experience form with appropriate documentation to the Enrollment Services department by the applicable application deadline. Forms that are submitted after the deadline will carry forward to the next application deadline. Additional information may be requested.
The Clark College Nursing Department will determine the most qualified applicant.