Prospective Students     |    Current Students

International Studies - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Is there anything I must do to maintain my status as a student with an F-1 visa?
A: The most important thing to remember is that you must be a full-time student while you are in the U.S. on an F-1 visa. At Clark College, this means you must take at least 12 units per quarter and attend three consecutive quarters to be considered a full-time student. There are many other rules to be aware of, too. Please see your International Student Advisor if you have any doubt about your status.
Q: One of my classes is too difficult and I need to drop it. What should I do?
A: Please see your International Academic Advisor in the Advising Office. She can help you make the changes you need and make sure you remain in status.
Q: Does Clark College have scholarships for international students?
A: In 2007-2008, our first international student scholarship was awarded. The recipients of the Reza & Mahin Serjoie Scholarship were students from Jordan (2007-2008) and from Japan (2008-2009). International students are welcome to visit the Financial Aid office to find out about other scholarships they may be eligible to apply for.
Q: I want to take a trip outside the U.S. what should I do?
A: If you plan to travel outside the U.S. or return home for a visit, you must get a permission signature from your International Student Advisor in order to re-enter the U.S. You must get the signature at least one week before you depart. You may need to apply for a Visitor’s Visa to travel to Canada or to countries other than your home country.
Q: Where can I get a job to earn extra money?
A: You cannot work anywhere except Clark College. Exceptions to this are Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Post-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT). Please see your International Student Advisor for information.
Q: To which 4-year Universities/Colleges do International Students from Clark College transfer?
A: The Most Popular Transfer Schools are Washington State University -Vancouver, Portland State University, University of Portland, and Oregon State University.

View page in Arabic View page in Spanish View page in Korean View page in Chinese View page in Japanese View page in Vietnamese View page in Chinese Simple View page in Portuguese