Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Clark College offers all staff and benefits eligible faculty access to a variety of health and wellness services through our Employee Assistance Program vendor, MHN.
Services include access to work, life and daily living resources plus free consultations and referrals with licensed specialists for personal and work-related issues. All services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Here is a sampling of how your EAP can assist you and your household members:
- Take charge of your finances
- Tackle legal issues
- Recover from identity theft
- Get a referral to a counselor
- Lose weight
- Quit smoking
- Assistance with childcare or eldercare
- Balance work and life
Services for college employees and household members
Confidential consultations and referrals for you and your household members to assist with personal and work-related problems, including:
- Marriage, family and relationship issues
- Problems in the workplace
- Stress and anxiety
- Grief, loss or response to traumatic events
- Concerns about use of alcohol or drugs
Eligible employees are entitled to three appointments per issue, per individual, per calendar year. Appointments can be face-to-face, by telephone or web-video. Call 1-800-535-4985 for more information, or to schedule an appointment.
Services for college managers and supervisors
Telephonic management consultations are free, available as often as you need them, and are always confidential. MHN's expert management consultants provide guidance and support to help you address a wide-range of workplace issues, including
- Performance deficiencies
- Conduct problems
- Employee conflicts
- Concerns about mental illness or substance abuse
- Changes in the workplace
You can also access organizational development solutions for a fee-for-service basis. MHN can help you address issues that impact your work team or department, such as team dynamics and employee conflict issues. A no-cost initial telephone consultation is included with your EAP. Call 1-800-535-4985 and ask to speak with a management consultant to get started.
Critical Incident Response (CIR) Services
Critical incident response services are designed to support employees after a critical incident by providing free telephone consultations to all eligible employees and their household members, and providing onsite support to employees one to seven days following a critical incident.
- Examples of critical incidents:
- Death of a co-worker
- Traumatic workplace incidents
- Workplace violence
- Catastrophic events
For individual services, contact MHN directly at 1-800-535-4985. To set-up onsite support, please coordinate through Clark College Human Resources at 1-360-992-2105.
Online Resource Center
Register on the MHN website to access a robust suite of work, life and health and wellness resources. Visit www.members.mhn.com using the company code: clarkcollege.
For full access, set up your unique username and password, then browse the site and take advantage of the following services:
- Wellness portal featuring a confidential health assessment tool; interactive tools and trackers for nutrition, exercise and weight management; a recipe finder, and tips for managing stress, improving your sleep and quitting tobacco products.
- Financial and legal tools, calculators and information provided by Workplace Options, an MHN partner.
- Searchable childcare and eldercare provider directories.
Personalized Wellness Coaching
Consult with a Mayo Clinic Certified Wellness Coach over the phone or through instant chat and secure messaging. Work with your coach to help you maintain your motivation and reach your health and wellness goals in the following areas:
- Physical activity
- Tobacco cessation
To find out about the benefits offered through MHN, view this getting started video:
To access services, call 1-800-535-4985, or log on to www.members.mhn.com using the Clark College company code: clarkcollege