There will be a Discover downtime (approx. 45 minutes) on Sunday, August 3rd, between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. due to a scheduled upgrade. While our Discover Catalog is not available, you can search our library databases individually by selecting “Article Databases” on the Library homepage http://library.clark.edu/. Of course, you can always sleep until 6 a.m. that morning and miss the Discover downtime completely …
Most borrowed items may be renewed online except for items on course reserve, items with restricted renewals, items for which you have been billed and items on which another patron has placed a hold. See complete Borrowing Policy.
There are two ways to access your account:
From the Clark College Libraries home page
1. Mouse over “My Account” on the top menu bar and click “Clark Libraries”.
2. Select “Sign In” in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Log in using your Clark username and password (or your library log-in credentials).
4. In the upper right corner of the screen select “My Account”. You will see a list of your borrowed items (list of active loans).
5. Select the items you want to renew by checking the boxes next to the titles and then click “Renew Selected”. If you want to renew everything, click the “Renew All” option.
6. You will see “All loans have been successfully renewed”.
7. If you cannot renew items, a message will appear on the screen. If you are successful, “renewed” will appear in the “Status” column and a new date will appear in the “Due Date” column.
From the Discover Library Catalog
1. Select “Sign In” in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Log in using your Clark username and password (or your library log-in credentials).
3. Select “My Account”. You will see a list of your borrowed items (list of active loans).
4. Select the items you want to renew by checking the boxes next to the titles and then click “Renew Selected”. If you want to renew everything, click the “Renew All” option.
5. You will see “All loans have been successfully renewed”.
6. If you cannot renew items, a message will appear on the screen. If you are successful, “renewed” will appear in the “Status” column and a new date will appear in the “Due Date” column.
The iCommons at CTC has repopulated its browsing collection of books this summer! We may have that perfect item for your research paper or a book for personal reading pleasure. Stop by the iCommons to see what’s new! Learn about all of the collections available to you at Clark.
Clark College Libraries open for summer quarter on Monday, July 7.
Cannell Library Hours
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The iCommons at CTC has new summer hours!
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
We will be premiering our new catalog Discover!
The Clark College Libraries are pleased to present, Discover! The Discover library catalog is a new way for you to search for books, articles and films. Because this system is different from the previous library catalog there are some changes to the way you:
Jun 17th, 2014 by Michelle
Clark College Libraries is on track to complete the roll out of our new library system on June 23. Due to the final steps in this transition the Library Catalog and Summit borrowing will be unavailable to members of the Clark College community from June 19th to July 1st.
While the Clark College Library Catalog is on hiatus you may search for Clark items in our temporary catalog. For help with your request please contact the Check Out Desk at Cannell Library, 360.992.2151 or the iCommons at CTC, 360-992-6138.
We thank you for your patience as we take the final steps in bringing a new way to search to Clark. When you return for Summer quarter you will come back to our new catalog, Discover.
The Clark College Libraries will be closed during the Quarter Break. The Cannell Library will close at 6:00pm on Thursday, June 19th and reopen at 8:00am on Monday, July 7th.
Netbooks must be returned by the closure (Thursday at 6pm) or a late fine will be charged.
Although the libraries are closed, we are still checking in books and you can pick up your requests. Low staffing means we might not be available when you are, so contact us to make an appointment in advance by calling #360-992-2151.
Need to request or renew a book? You can always do so online by logging in to your library account at https://oswald.clark.edu/patroninfo. There may be service interruptions due to the migration to our new computer system, so please call or email us if you have any problems.
Need expert research assistance to finish that paper? You can always contact a librarian online (at this address: http://library.clark.edu/?q=content/ask-librarian) and you can get instant assistance via chat.
CTC Spring Finals Week Hours
Monday-Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Tutoring hours found on the Clark College library website
The iCommons is closed during quarter break. Return items any time to our book returns. At CTC the outdoor book return is located at the north entrance of the building. There is also an indoor book return located outside the iCommons door in CTC 219.
Good luck on finals!
A quick update on Cannell Library hours during finals week:
Cannell Library will be open normal hours Monday – Wednesday.
We will close early at 6pm on Thursday, June 19th.
Please plan accordingly. And good luck with finals!
Clark College Libraries no longer accept online payments. Pay fines directly to the Clark College Cashier’s Office in Gaiser Hall.
The Cashier accepts cash, check, or credit card. Credit cards payments can also be made by phone, by calling the Cashier’s Office at (360) 992-2177.
For information about the Cashier’s office check their webpage: http://www.clark.edu/student_services/cashiers_office.php