Sherman Alexie, award-winning novelist, poet, screenwriter, composer and performer, will be the keynote speaker at Clark’s 2008 commencement ceremony, June 19, 7:00 p.m., at the Clark County Fairgrounds Amphitheater.
A Spokane/Couer d’Alene Indian, he grew up on the Spokane Indian Reservation and graduated from Washington State University.
Many of his books and films are available at Cannell Library. Here are a few titles to whet your appetite:
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, PS2551 .L35774 A78 2007
- The Business of Fancydancing - DVD – PN1997 .B875 2003
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven, PS2551 .L35774 L66 2005
- Reservation Blues, PS2551 .L35774 R74 1995
- Smoke Signals – DVD – PN1997 .S565 2000