1) Stimulate college-wide enthusiasm for teaching excellence.
- Coordinate Faculty Speaker Series.
- Partner with Title III stakeholders to incorporate grant outcomes into faculty development plan.
- Highlight and promote instructional innovations occurring at the college.
- Recruit faculty who demonstrate teaching excellence to provide faculty development through the TLC.
2) Support learner-centered teaching across the college.
3) Provide all faculty with programs, activities, and resources that support quality teaching.
- Provide new faculty orientations to both full-time and part-time instructors.
- Partner with Student Affairs to provide student panel discussions that explore Power, Privilege and Inequality.
- Provide instructional technology workshops through eLearning department.
- Gather feedback from instructional units on unmet professional development needs.
- Develop a multi-year faculty development plan that includes a budget proposal to ensure that resources are available to support fundamental programs.
- Revamp the TLC website to ensure it is user-centered and provides timely, accurate professional development resources.
4)Foster a positive linkage between learning and assessment.
(Note: TLC Commitee supports these goals and activities listed above.)
Return to About TLC