Disability Support Services (DSS) will coordinate the access to educational materials in braille for students with a documented disability who have been approved for this academic adjustment by the DSS Manager. The following identifies the responsibilities of the student and DSS if the student chooses to utilize educational materials in braille.
1. Student should give DSS a minimum of twelve weeks notice to arrange for educational materials in braille.
2. Student should utilize Priority Registration.
3. Student must purchase any textbook or educational materials that are to be brailled.
4. Student will pick up braille copies from the DSS Office in a timely manner. If braille copies are not picked up in a timely manner, services may be suspended until the student meets with the DSS Manager.
5. Student will return all braille copies in their original condition to the DSS Office immediately upon the completion of the quarter. If the braille copies are not returned, a hold will be placed on his or her records.
|Responsibilities—Disability Support Services|
1. DSS will send a letter to the student outlining the student's approved academic adjustments.
2. DSS will make every effort to provide the student with all requested educational materials in braille in a timely manner. In the event notice is not given in a timely manner, DSS will attempt to provide the student with the educational materials in braille requested on an as needed basis.
3. DSS will inform the student when braille copies are ready to be picked up.
The above responsibilities have been explained to me, and I understand my responsibilities.
Student's Signature ________________________________________________________
Date: _____ / _____ / _____