A NEW YEAR,
A NEW HOME FOR CLARK COLLEGE OFFICES
Gaiser Hall is being remodeled to better serve our students. As a result, several Student Affairs offices relocated during the month of December – some to the "T" building and some within the Penguin Student Union.
The "T" building, which earned its nickname because of its shape, formerly served as the Clark County Social Services Building. It's on the west side of Fort Vancouver Highway, across the street from Gaiser Hall and the Penguin Student Union.
Signage has been posted outside the T building to assist students and campus visitors in locating services, and an updated map is available.
|Running Start program manager Linda Calvert (left) and program assistant Saundra Solis welcome students to their new offices.|
Here is a summary of recent and pending moves:
- Eligibility Programs (WorkFirst, Work Study, Displaced Homemakers, Worker Retraining Advising and Adult High School Diploma) and Running Start have all moved to the "T" building.
- Career and Employment Services is now located in the T building. Institutional and work study referrals will be handled through Financial Aid in Gaiser Hall at this time.
Career & Employment Services staff members (left to right) Alicia Sandbloom, Suzanne Thayer and Katherine Buhr are settled in and ready to assist students in their new offices in the "T" building.
- Counseling has moved to the "T" building.
- Disability Support Services has relocated to its permanent location in PSU 014.
- The Assessment Center has relocated to its permanent location in PSU 016.
- Security is now located south of the Clark College Bookstore in room 021.
- The Advising Center is scheduled to move to the "T" building in mid-January.
- Financial Aid is scheduled to move to the "T" building in mid-January.
- The Clark College Bookstore will remain in its current location throughout construction but will add two new entrances.
- Registration and Admissions services are available in the Welcome Center in PSU 002 throughout the remodel.
While many of the "T" building occupants will return to Gaiser Hall when the remodeling is completed, medical radiography, Corporate Education and Workforce Development will be permanent residents.
Learn about other Clark highlights.