Clark College students have different usernames and passwords to access different resources. The college is working on limiting the number of usernames and passwords students have to manage, but this is challenging as we use a number of different systems to make sure that students have access to a variety of resources. To succeed in their academic career students should make sure they always have:
A student identification number (SID) and a pin number.
Used to: Access resources in “MyClark” including registration.
How to first access: This information was provided by Registration in writing to you upon enrolling at the College. If you cannot locate this information, you must go to Registration and provide a photo ID before Registration staff can release this information. SID and/or global PIN cannot be divulged to you over the telephone or by e-mail.
To reset your password(s): Go to a Clark College Computer Lab or the Tech Hub. Lab assistants can access your e-mail address/username provided that you know your SID and global PIN. You may be required to create a new password. As an alternative, you can go to Registration with photo ID to get your global PIN. This information cannot be divulged to you over the telephone or by e-mail.
A Network ID and a password:
Used to: Login to campus computers, the student wireless network, and other resources..
How to first access: After you are assigned a SID and PIN you can go to http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/email/index.php for instructions of how to first set your name and password.
- 1st initial of 1st name + period (.)
- last name
Examples of User names:
NOTE: For some common names, the new convention will result in duplicate e-mail addresses and usernames. Duplicate e-mail addresses and usernames will be resolved using a numeric suffix after the e-mail address/username (e.g., email@example.com). Because numeric suffixes will be applied in some cases, it is not possible to predict the e-mail address/username with certainty. To solve this problem, we have created a web page where students can look up their e-mail address/username.
- Go to: https://login.microsoftonline.com/
- Enter your user ID, first firstname.lastname@example.org (example, email@example.com)
- If you have a personal Microsoft account make sure you use the option for “Work or school account to login.”
- Select two of the three options listed to setup your password reset. This is the only time you will need to enter this information.
- Complete the steps on the website
- When you have completed these steps you are eligible to sign up for free downloads of Office 2016 which you can access from the Microsoft Downloads Page.
In the future, to unlock or reset your password go to: https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com. You can make this change from a computer or a mobile device with Internet access by entering your Clark email in the User ID field (example, firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE: Your email password and your network ID password are NOT synched automatically. They have different methods of updating or resetting once the password is initially assigned.
For additional information or help contact the Tech Hub at Email: email@example.com or 360-992-2010
Other Accounts students need to create or access include:
- Student Email: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/computing_resources/emailsetup.php
- Canvas: http://www.smartpenguin.org/smartpenguin/canvas-tutorials/#how_to_login
Don't Forget To Log Off!
To log off, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, Select Log off, Click OK
If you have questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or see a Lab Assistant.