Advanced Placement

Clark College grants non-traditional credit for completion of the College Board's Advanced Placement examinations. Advanced Placement is a cooperative educational endeavor between secondary schools and colleges and universities. The program provides motivated high school students with the opportunity to take college-level courses in a high school setting. Students who participate in the program gain college-level skills and may also earn college credit. AP courses are taught by high school teachers, following course guidelines developed and published by the College Board. Clark grants credit in several subject areas for students who have obtained a qualifying score on the College Board Advanced Placement examinations. Students must submit an official copy of their AP scores to the Credential Evaluations Office. Upon evaluation of the scores, the student will be notified about acceptable credits. Provisional credit for AP scores will be used for advising purposes.


Note: Students intending to transfer with an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science-Transfer degree should consult with the Admissions Office at the baccalaureate institution of their choice for information on AP credit policies. Not all institutions recognize AP credit posted to the Clark College transcript.


Procedure for Requesting AP Credits


You should have an official copy of your AP scores sent to:
Clark College
Credential Evaluations
1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, WA  98663

Once scores are received and reviewed, you will be notified by e-mail regarding the status of your AP scores. 




A maximum of sixty (60) credits in AP coursework can apply to the Associate in Arts or the Associate in Science Transfer programs. Refer to section B of the Clark College catalog for additional restrictions by program. Credit is posted with an “S” grade based on the following recommendations at the end of the quarter:


Where to get AP scores

Advanced Placement Program
The College Board
PO Box 6671
Princeton, NJ 08541-6671
Phone: (609) 771-7300
TTY: (609) 882-4118