Medical Assistant 6 Quarter Program
The Medical Assistant Program is a six-quarter program that prepares
students for both front office clerical and back office clinical medical
assistant responsibilities. The program is accredited by the Commission
on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Applications
for admission to the program will be accepted and considered on a continuous
basis each year.
Applicants must be graduates of an accredited high school or the equivalent.
To meet preliminary entrance requirements, you must:
- Complete the Clark College Application
for Admission and return it to the Admissions
- Complete and return the Medical Assistant Program Application. A $40
fee is required.
- Complete placement testing with a minimum score of 41 on each of the
Writing Skills, Reading Skills and Math Skills tests, or have ENGL 098
and MATH 065 eligibility and tenth-grade reading level or take a basic
skills course to get to those levels.
- Submit a copy of any transcripts of prior education with the application
to the Admissions Office before beginning the program.
- Obtain a complete physical to verify proof of fitness. Contact the
Center at Clark or a personal physician for the physical. Immunizations
must be completed before registering for the clinical classes.
In order to progress from one course or quarter to the next, after beginning
the program, you must:
- Take sequential courses in the order of sequence (Example: BTEC 217,
BTEC 218, BTEC 219). Note: Some courses are offered
only during one specific quarter each year.
- Achieve a grade of 2.0 or higher in all program course work.
- Not repeat any required program course more than once.
- Must complete or take concurrently all Medical Assistant Program courses
before registering for Directed Practice.
If you are interested in the Medical Assistant (6-quarter) program,
you should contact the Business Technology advisor for career advising, application information,
and academic guidance.
To receive further information, please visit the Medical
Assistant (6-quarter) program.