What do Running Start students like most about the program?
- My favorite thing about being in Running Start was being able to obtain both high school and college credits simultaneously. Also, I enjoyed the different perspective older, and more culturally diverse students had to offer.
- The ability to be in college, at no cost, while still living at home as a high school student. Also, the mature environment and endless lists of clubs and activities available to students.
- I enjoyed my teachers the most through my Running Start experience! They really care about your progress in their courses and will take time to help with ideas that are hard to understand. Also, they take the subjects that you are learning and offer real world applications of how you can go out and use the knowledge that you obtain.
- I loved the college atmosphere, the freedom in making schedules (freedom in class times and subjects), the more interesting classes available, and the help with future tuition costs for a four-year university.
- I was able to meet my academic needs, and be on my own. Needing to be responsible has helped me prepare for college. I loved being able to be in classes with people twice my age.
- Working on mature and well organized assignments with professors who truly are passionate about what they teach.
- I had a good start for my college education while still in high school. I am ahead of most of my classmates.
- I loved that I was able to be in a more grown-up environment; I've been mentally at college for about a year and a half now, so it was nice to have a change from high school. I also liked that taking college classes has helped me get ready for the university that I will attend.