BAS in Applied Management
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Management (BASAM) is a two-year, career-oriented degree that combines technical, academic, and professional management courses.
This 90-credit program is designed for students who have completed either a workforce, professional, or technical education program and received an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) or Associate in Applied Technology (AAT) degree.
Priority Application Deadlines
For Fall 2018: June 15, 2018
Information Request Form
In order to provide you with the best information possible, please fill out the entire form. Additional Information
Would you like information on the following? Check all that apply.
Upcoming Information Sessions
If you would like to learn more about this program, please plan to attend one of our upcoming informational sessions.
- April 19, 6:00-7:00 p.m., GHL 213
- May 11, 12:00-1:00 p.m., SHL 103
- May 17, 6:00-7:00 p.m., PUB 258C
- June 12, 12:00-1:00 p.m., GHL 213
- June 14, 6:00-7:00 p.m., PUB 258C
All sessions are held on the Clark College main campus.
Google Driving Directions
Explore scholarship opportunities for the BASAM program.
Management Skills that Meet Industry Demands
The BASAM program prepares technically skilled graduates to enter their respective career fields with a bachelor's degree that provides the managerial knowledge and expertise to meet industry demand.
Sample courses include:
- Foundations of Management
- Social Media in Business
- Organizational Communication
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Principles
- Accounting Principles for Managers
Clark College is accredited to offer the Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Management degree by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), an institutional accrediting body recognize by the Council for Higher Education and the U.S. Department of Education.
Application Process & Preliminary Requirements
Preliminary requirements must be satisfied to qualify to apply prior to program entry. Clark College reserves the right to determine admissions status. Please note: completion of the preliminary requirements does not guarantee entrance into the Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Management Program.
To meet preliminary program entrance requirements, candidates must:
• Complete an associate degree or higher from an accredited domestic college or university, or international equivalent, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
• Complete the following preliminary courses with a 2.0 grade point average or above:
1. Communication skills (5 credits required)
English Composition, 100 college-level or higher
2.Computer Literacy (3-5 credits required)
BTEC 149 or 150 or an equivalent computer literacy
3. College-level Math (5 credits required)
Math &146 Introduction to Statistics or equivalent math
4. A minimum of 30 credits of general education requirements,
with a minimum of 5 credits in each of the following areas:
communication studies, quantitative skills, humanities,
social science, and natural science
• Submit official college transcripts from all previous colleges attended to the Credential Evaluations Office for complete transcript evaluation and continue to send updated transcripts quarterly, as additional courses are completed. If you earned your degree or all your credits from Clark College, you do not need to include a transcript.
• Apply to the program by completing the Clark College application packet for BAS in Applied Management. Submit the packet to the Clark College Enrollment Services in Gaiser Hall before the enrollment deadline, along with the non-refundable program application fee.
Upon completion of the preliminary requirements, all qualified applicants will be notified in writing of final acceptance into the program. The payment of a non-refundable deposit will reserve a position for the program’s next entry date. Students not selected for entry are welcome to reapply for the next cohort start date but are encouraged to seek advising before doing so. Students must formally comply with the published application and admission criteria for that year and cohort.
Selective criteria and current fee amounts are subject to change.
For complete, updated information, please visit the Applied Management (BAS) website at www.clark.edu/cc/BASAM.
- Describe the complexities that affect successful trading in domestic and global markets, utilizing information, data, and technologies to support effective decision making.
- Recognize and apply effective communication strategies, appropriate to organizational settings.
- Analyze and apply managerial functions, roles, styles, and effective strategies for stability and change, to be used in various managerial and leadership situations.
- Analyze legal issues for risk management and responsible oversight.
- Interpret financial models for business decision-making to support organizational goals.
- Evaluate and develop organizational structures and operating procedures to foster continuous improvement, innovation, and quality results.
- Balance theoretical and practical strategies and policies for a productive, quality, and motivated workforce, including managing diversity, ethics, and social responsibility.
- Develop and apply a marketing strategy, based on an integrated marketing plan, to produce and distribute products at optimum operational levels.