Intro to eLearning Orientations
Whether it's your first time taking an eLearning class or just need a refresher, eLearning offers orientations in a variety of formats to fit your needs as well as video tutorials.
These one hour sessions are good for new eLearning students who feel they need a more hands-on orientation experience. These orientations will go over:
- Using the LMS
- Whether eLearning is a good fit for you
- Strategies for eLearning success
- What resources are available to you
Winter 2015 On-Campus Orientations:
Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
10:00AM to 11:00AM - GHL 207
Online Orientations and Video Tutorials
Fully Online eLearning Orientation
A comprehensive, self-paced, online orientation.
Canvas Video Tutorials
Video tutorials on specific Canvas functions
- How to Log in on the Clark College Canvas Site
- How to Add a Profile Picture and Edit Personal Settings
- Update your Notification Preferences
- Communication with your Instructor and Peers
- Manage your Personal Files
- How to Submit your Assignments
- How to Submit Peer Reviews
- Quizzes in Canvas
- Participate in a Group
- Check your Grades
- How to Use the Canvas Guides
- Navigate Canvas on your iPhone
- Nettiquette for Online Discussion Forums
Many face-to-face classes are web-enhanced with an LMS. If you are taking one of these classes for the first time we encourage you to view the portion of the online orientationthat shows you how to use the LMS or view the appropriate video tutorials.
If you need futher assistance after completing an orientation please see Getting Help.