Canvas and eLearning Technologies Workshops for Faculty
Training and instructional design related to the use of eLearning technologies is available through the eLearning department by contacting eLearning Sr. Instructional Designer, Kathy Chatfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.992.2167.
Watch for training in Quality Matters, teaching in eLearning formats, and course development in the future.
For Face-to-Face Workshops
For Online Canvas Workshops through SBCTC
Quality Matters Certified Courses
Clark College has a growing number of Quality Matters certified courses. Check it out!
Canvas, Moodle and eLearning Technologies Support
Faculty may directly contact eLearning Systems Administrator, Scott Coffie at 360.992.2405 or email Scott, for all eLearning related technical support issues such as the following:
Faculty should direct all students with Canvas issues to the Canvas ticket system accessed via the "Help" link on the Clark College Canvas site. Moodle issues can be directed to our eLearning Tech Support page, Tech Ticket system, or have them contact Brendan Pust at the new student support TechHub in Cannell Library.
Faculty also have additional information and resources here:
- The eLog for faculty specific information including the Faculty eLearning Planner, Faculty Moodle Planner, faculty specific Moodle video tutorials (Canvas coming soon), Moodle Shell Request form, multimedia production facilities, and equipment checkout
- Moodle FIG for Moodle update and upgrade information, user issue discussions, Moodle tips, and resources of interest to faculty using Moodle
- Tech Ticket system for help with Moodle technical issues, including weekend and evening third party support team to help speed resolution
- Canvas integrated ticket system, accessible via the "Help" menu and "Report a Problem"
- Smart Penguin for Moodle tutorials for all users (Canvas coming soon), Test Taking Tips page, posts about how to prevent issues, and resources for you and your students
- Smart Penguin Twitter feed for Canvas and Moodle events and online user information alerts
How Do I and Other Online Resources
The How Do I shell is available on the Moodle Development server. How Do I is filled with resources, information, training, grading rubrics, pedagogical practices, learning activity ideas, and much more. For more information, contact the Kathy Chatfield at email@example.com or 360.992.2167.
Suggested Schedule of eLearning Events
After a new quarter shell has been delivered to your Moodle account
Proceed with Course Backup/Restore and other course preparation.
By noon on the first day of the quarter
Make Moodle course shells available to students.
At the end of the quarter
Record official student grades through Instructor Briefcase and download a personal Excel version of your Moodle grade book. Contact the Registration department for more information about posting grades via Instructor Briefcase.
Approximately 1 week after the end of the quarter
Make your Moodle course shells unavailable.
NOTE: Specific dates for critical Moodle activities are available on our Faculty Moodle Planner in a calendar format. Specific dates for important Canvas, Tegrity, and Blackboard Collaborate activities are available on our new eLearning Faculty Planner.
Clark College eLearning Blog
Visit eLearning's blog, The eLog, to explore what is happening in the world of eLearning. This site will bring you the latest information regarding the instructional technologies and tools available, Moodle video tutorials (Canvas coming soon), multimedia production and lecture capture, equipment checkout, Faculty eLearning Planner, Faculty Moodle Planner, Moodle shell request forms, access to our Tech Support Ticket System and other resources for faculty using Canvas or Moodle to teach online. Click the image below to read the latest...