Business Administration-Small Business Management
Small Business Management (CP)
This program is designed to provide current and prospective entrepreneurs and small-business owners with a basic foundation in small business management. Coursework includes accounting, business law, marketing, and business plan development. Upon completion of this program, students will be prepared to take on the challenge of starting, owning, and managing a small business or a franchise.
General Education Requirements
Communication Skills (3 credits required)
or BTEC 107
Computational Skills (3 credits required)
Human Relations (3 credits required)
Major Area Requirements
or BTEC 103
Total Required Credits: 55-59To learn more about this program's employment outlook, approximate cost and potential careers, please visit the Gainful Employment Program Information.
Program OutcomesProgram outcomes are overarching skills that are emphasized and reinforced throughout several courses in a specific program; they are measurable statements that define what students should know or be able to do by the end of a certificate or degree at Clark College. After successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze a target market and develop product, pricing, promotion, and distribution stategies to meet customers' needs at a profit.
- Accurately maintain payroll register as required under federal and state laws.
- Accurately prepare, interpret, and analyze financial statements for service and merchandising businesses.
- Prepare feasibility and business plans.
- Apply legal and managerial principles related to starting and managing a small business.
- Communications: Communicate with various audiences using a variety of methods as appropriate for a career and technical education program.
- Human Relations: Demonstrate interpersonal/human relations skills as appropriate for a career and technical education program.
- Computational Skills: Solve quantitative problems and interpret the solutions as appropriate for a career and technical education program.